Boiler Repair, Install & Replace Poughkeepsie
If a boiler is the main source of heat for your commercial business or home, then it is critical to make sure it is in perfect running condition. A drop in boiler efficiency can increase heating costs, and eventually repair or replacement costs. Sooner or later, everyone who has a boiler will have to make the decision of whether to go the route of boiler repair, boiler installation, or boiler replacement.
Boilers can be one of the most effective and efficient ways to heat a home or building. Unfortunately, many modern homes do not have a boiler set up. If you are considering a boiler repair or installation, it is good to have a better understanding of the two types of boilers:
- Residential Boilers – This is an all-purpose heater that distributes heat through water. The water provides heat as it passes through radiators.
- Steam Boilers – These are rarer than hot water boilers, and most have converted over to hot water boilers. Steam boilers heat water to the point of evaporation, which then goes out through pipes.
Replacing Your Boiler
If it becomes obvious that a repair cannot solve your boiler problems, then it is time to replace it. Our technicians can easily help with the replacement. We work with our clients from accessing the problem, to removal and then replacement. We make sure that the entire process goes as smoothly as possible. The following are signs that your boiler needs professional attention.
- The expected life of a boiler is 15 years on average. While it is hard to predict their longevity, they can last longer with proper maintenance. A cast iron boiler may last up to three decades before it needs replacing. When your boiler is beyond its years, replace it.
- A sign that your boiler may need replacing is when your energy expenses start increasing. These expenses could be due to the age of your boiler along with maintenance expenses. Any system that requires constant maintenance is obviously less efficient. Any strange noises coming from the boiler should also raise a red flag.
- There may also be indications that a gas burner no longer burns fuel properly. A yellow flame and soot on oil boilers are an indication that carbon monoxide is likely present. Property owners should always take the next step and install carbon monoxide detectors.
- If your boiler leaks, it could indicate the unit is near the end of its life cycle. Replacing the unit can save on future repair expenses.
- When rooms are hot or too cold, and have varying temperatures throughout the day, it may be time for a new boiler installation.
- Of course, the quality of your boiler matters. There are new, innovate units that meet the needs of today’s property owners.
The decision path for boiler repair or boiler replacement does not have to wait until the boiler fails completely. By upgrading, you can realize a number of significant benefits. You can plan the change ahead of time, rather than wait for that unwelcomed emergency to happen in the midst of winter. If you own a building, think in terms of retaining tenants, improved heating, and ultimately an increase in property value.
Give us a call today at D. Rohde Plumbing, Heating & AC and schedule an inspection of your unit. We are happy to provide a list of satisfied customers in the communities of Poughkeepsie, Beacon, Hopewell Junction, Wappinger Falls, Fishkill, Hyde Park and surrounding areas.