AC Repair, Installation & Replace in Rhinebeck
If you live in Rhinebeck, NY, and you are without air conditioning during the summer months, D. Rohde Heating & Plumbing can help you stay cool by fixing or installing a new unit for you. Our experienced service technicians can help you decide when the best time is for a replacement air conditioner and what type works best for your home.
Air Conditioning Repair
If you have an air conditioner, but it isn’t working properly, it is important to decide what is wrong with it instead of continuing to use it. The problem will likely get worse if you don’t have air conditioner repair services.
When to Call for Repair Services:
- If your air conditioner has a significant leak, call for repair services to avoid structural damage. If it is leaking coolant, call for an emergency visit and avoid the area.
- When your air conditioner is emitting strange smells, you should have repair services. This could be an air quality problem within your ductwork, or you could have a problem with the A/C unit.
- If you hear your air conditioner making unusual sounds, calling for repair services is recommended. You could have a part that is broken inside of your air conditioner. Therefore, the sooner you get it inspected, the better the outcome.
- One of the biggest reasons to call for repair services is when your thermostat works fine, but your air conditioner won’t turn on or blow cold air.
Air Conditioning Installation Rhinebeck
Our experienced AC installation experts can help you decide on the right air conditioning system for your home. If you are building new or remodeling an older building that doesn’t have an A/C, we can make sure that the new unit you choose will cool the whole space, be energy efficient and ensure when its hot outside it will be perfect in your residential or commercial property!
Air Conditioner Installation Considerations:
- Consider the space that you need for your air conditioner unit(s). This should be a cleared and leveled area if it is outdoors. You should also have the necessary space for ductwork if you choose to have new ductwork installed to work with the A/C. If you decide on ductless air conditioners, space is still a concern. They should be in an area that is best to keep the room cool, and they won’t cause a hazard.
- With all the modern technology available, considering your best options is essential. You will have your new system for many years, so it is worth the investment to get exactly what you want. This could be something that works well with advanced thermostats or another add-on technology.
- Energy-efficiency is also important! Look for an air conditioner that uses lesser amounts of energy to give your energy bills a break and helps the environment.
Air Conditioning Replacement
If you have too many problems with your current air conditioner, it may be necessary to replace it. Sometimes air conditioning units just stop working or have extensive damage, so it isn’t beneficial to have repairs done.
Why You Should Have Your Air Conditioner Replaced:
- If you spend too much money on maintaining your air conditioner or energy bills, a replacement for your home in Rhinebeck is a good idea. While it is an initial investment, you will see returns right away. Your energy bills should go down because new air conditioners are more energy-efficient than older units. You also won’t have to worry as much about the unexpected repairs you need.
- You may want to increase the space in your home by adding on a room or remodeling your basement to add bedrooms and additional living areas. If you need your air conditioner to work harder because of additions to your home, you may want to consider a replacement unit that works well for your larger home.
- Your coolant is outdated. R22 Freon will soon be obsolete and is expensive to use as the federal government is phasing it out. A replacement air conditioner with alternative coolant will cost you much less when you need to get it serviced. R22 Freon is also bad for the environment, which is why it is so hard to get now.