Water Heater Repair, Install & Replace in Wallkill
If you have a broken water heater or need new installation services in Wallkill, NY, D. Rohde Heating & Plumbing has professional and friendly technicians available to help you have optimal hot water in your home. We can also service your water heater with regular tune-ups to keep it performing at a high-quality level.
Water Heater Repair Services
When your water heater stops working, it can be a big inconvenience. Repair services that are quick and reliable are necessary if you want to have the water in your home heated again as soon as possible. Our technicians can get to your house as soon as possible and inspect your unit to find and fix the problem.
Reasons Why Your Water Heater Isn’t Working
- One of the biggest reasons a water heater stops working is because, and element or burner isn’t working.
- You may also see that your water heater is leaking and need to shut it off until you have repair services.
- If your water heater sounds or smells unusual, this is a good reason to call for repair services.
- You may see a difference in the amount of hot water your water heater produces. This may be a simple solution, or your unit could need a repair to work correctly.
Types of Water Heater Installation
There are two types of water heater for installation at your Wallkill residence. You can choose a tankless unit or a standard tank unit for your new installation. If you have a new home built, we can install either type of water heater into your home and make sure that all the connections are leak-free and your water heater works well before we leave.
Tankless water heaters heat water as it passes through the unit. The benefits of having a tankless unit are large, but they are an investment because they cost more than standard tank water heaters. Tankless water heaters can also last many more years than a tank unit if they are properly maintained.
A tank water heater is a budget-conscious choice for those who need an unexpected installation or don’t want to invest in an advanced water heater because they are building rental units. Tank water heaters are easier to maintain in rental units than tankless options.
Water Heater Replacement Services
If your water heater needs extensive repairs and you’d rather replace it, our technicians can help you find a similar unit or introduce alternatives to you so that you know everything that is available.
Why You Should Have Your Water Heater Replaced
- If you have rust on the inside or outside parts of your water heater, you should replace it. Once it starts to rust, your water heater will deteriorate quickly. If you have a tank water heater and it is rusty, consider what might happen if it starts to leak. If the water heater empties into your home, you could have water damage in your floor and walls and still need to replace your tank water heater.
- If you have continual problems with your water heater, a new one may give you the peace of mind you need to move past the problems and focus on more important things.
- Your water heater is more than ten years old. If you bought a home with an old water heater, replacement services are a good idea as soon as you move into the home. If you don’t know how old the water heater in your home is, the serial number can let you know. The first letter in a serial number is the month that the water heater was made. An example is the letter ‘D’ being the fourth month (because it is the fourth letter of the alphabet). The next two numbers are the last two digits of the year the water heater was made.
- A leaky water heater may mean that it is time for replacement services. Leaks may cause extensive damage to your home, so they should be serviced right away!
- If you are remodeling your house, you may want to consider how much a new water heater will raise the value of your home when you decide to sell.