Water Heater Repair, Install & Replace Millbrook
If you live in Millbrook, NY, and need to have, your water heater serviced, our team at D. Rohde Heating & Plumbing is available for repairs and replacement services. We also offer water heater installation services and preventative maintenance.
It usually isn’t hard to tell if your water heater isn’t working correctly. Once it starts acting like it needs repairs, you typically have a water leak, or you are out of hot water. We can fix your water heater to make sure you have hot water once again or get that leak fixed! While the typical problems with a water heater aren’t hard to spot, there are ways to avoid these problems or at least delay them. Regular maintenance can help a water heater have a long lifespan, while neglect will decrease the good years your water heater has to give you high efficiency.
Preventative Maintenance for Your Water Heater
- Have your tank water heater flushed regularly. Add it to your home maintenance schedule to get your water heater flushed and serviced at least annually. Flushing your tank helps reduce sediment in the tank so that it performs at a higher level of efficiency.
- Make sure your pipes and water heater are insulated, so the water heater doesn’t have to use extra energy to keep the water at the right temperature.
- Consider turning the temperature for your water heater down if you leave for an extended amount of time. You won’t have to use as much energy to keep your water hot while you aren’t home.
Water Heater Installation
When you decide to have a new water heater installed, we are available to help you make the right choice for your home if needed. There are many options and sizes for any home. If you have a large house, you may even want to install two water heaters to accommodate the usage in your home better.
Tankless Water Heaters: If you decide that you want tankless water heaters in your new home, then you will have a water heater that is more efficient and lasts longer than a tank water heater. You will have fewer issues with running out of hot water and using energy to keep the water at a specific temperature until it is used. You will benefit from having more than one tankless water heater if you have a large home or a home that has an attached apartment that you rent out.
Tank Water Heaters: If you want one or more tank water heaters installed in your new home, then we can get them installed quickly! The installation and repairs for tank water heaters are straightforward, which is a benefit over tankless units. Water heaters with a tank are less expensive than a tankless unit, so if you do need replacement services, it isn’t such a hit to your budget!
Water Heater Replacement
There are many reasons to replace your water heater, the biggest reason being you don’t have hot water in your home!
Reasons to Replace Your Water Heater:
- If you see a brown color coming from your hot water faucet, then you should have your water heater replaced. This color of water almost always means that your tank is rusty. Once there is rust in your water heater, it is only a matter of time before the tank has a weak spot and starts to leak.
- A leak coming from the tank means that you need to have replacement services. While other leaks may be able to have repair services, a leak from the tank is dangerous, and your tank should be drained right away, so all the water in the tank doesn’t end up in your flooring. The gallons of water a hot water tank holds can cause major water damage to your home.
- Your water heater may be so old that it just won’t heat water properly any longer. We can help you find a great replacement that delivers hot water as quickly as possible!