Water Treatment, Filtration & Testing in Kingston
D. Rohde Heating and Plumbing performs water testing services for the Kingston, NY, area. If you are concerned about the quality of the water in your home or business, we can help you with water testing to tell you exactly what is in your water. While the water in our taps is considered good to drink, some contaminants in our water systems are dangerous, and many don’t know about because they are considered a low enough level to drink. Without testing, you don’t know what level of minerals, lead, or contaminants are in the water you drink, wash with, or use in your appliances that could be damaging them.
Testing Your Water for Contaminants
The professionals at D. Rohde Heating & Plumbing will do a water test and let you know the results as soon as possible. Water testing services are important if you are uncomfortable drinking the water in your home and decide to use bottled water instead of drinking tap water. This causes environmental problems because of plastic usage, and you are still using the water that you don’t want to consume in other areas of your home.
The Dangers of Tap Water
- High-levels of chorine or chloramine can be in your water. These are used to make sure that parasites, contaminants, germs, and bacteria aren’t in your water. The downside of scrubbing the water with chlorine is that it causes illnesses and is even linked to health problems. Sadly, the chlorine used to make our water healthier isn’t healthy to consume or use in a bath.
- If you live in an older home, the pipes can have lead in them, which transfers to your tap water. No amount of cleaning at the city level can stop the lead in your pipes from entering your drinking water. Water with a certain level of acidity can break down your pipes so that you get the increased lead in your water as time goes on.
- Many contaminants can travel in your water. If your water isn’t treated well at the city level, you may notice that it makes you sick. This water needs to be purified or avoided.
- Your plumbing, clothing, hair, and skin are all affected by tap water with elevated levels of mineral, lead, and chlorine.
- If you have animals or small children, they can’t communicate if the contaminated water makes them sick or not. If you are drinking bottled water because the tap water tastes or smells bad, they should as well.
Water Filtration for Your Whole Home
Once you get your results back, you will know what contaminants, minerals, and toxins are in your tap water. If you have elevated levels of anything, your water is not safe. Treating contaminated water is as easy as getting a filtration system for your home. While many people have water filters at the kitchen sink to purify water, whole house filtration systems will purify all the water in your house.
The Benefits of a Filtration System:
- You will have fewer bacteria in your water.
- Your risk of cancer is reduced.
- Cardiovascular issues will decrease.
- You are less likely to develop asthma.
- You won’t have as many parasites in your water.
- You will cook with fresh water, so your food will taste better.
- Your skin and hair will look nicer.
- Your pets will thank you!
- Your plants will thank you!
There are also plumbing benefits of having a water filtration system. You won’t have as much sediment in your pipes so that they will last longer. Sediment breaks pipes down slowly, but it will cause leaks and damage over time.
Your appliances and water heater will last longer because the sediment isn’t running through them. You should also spend less money repairing your plumbing and appliances because they aren’t continuously damaged by harsh minerals.
If you want your water tested in Kingston, NY, call us so we can make sure you have a healthy water system in your home or office.