Related Pages: Bathroom Plumbing | Kitchen Plumbing | Emergency Plumbing | Leaking Pipes
Plumbing Repair & Service in Poughkeepsie
When you need a plumbing service and plumbing repair, there are a number of things to expect when the service person arrives for an inspection. The best companies send out certified and experienced plumbers who know the ropes when it comes to plumbing repair. Here is what you should look for.
- Professional plumbers will arrive with the proper clothing and vehicle. They will also carry the right plumbing tools.
- They have the ability to communicate clearly what they believe the problem to be. Expect them to be punctual. They know your time is valuable. They will be transparent about fees and other costs, and will provide you with a reliable estimate.
- When they start a job, they know that cleanliness is important. While plumbing jobs can be messy, they will not leave a big mess for their clients to clean up.
Pluming problems can often require a whole-house solution. All it takes is for tubs and sinks to drain slow, or tubs and toilets to back up, and it can wreak havoc in the lives of people. It doesn’t take long for some plumbing problems to create health concerns either. Then there are those costly home repairs that dig into the homeowner’s pockets and savings. Consider the following typical pluming repair services.
Replacing a Water Line
There are still a lot of homes with old, galvanized plumbing. Like anything physical in the world, time will cause it to break down and eventually deteriorate. As time passes these old pipes will leak or rupture, and release harmful contaminants. Replacement lines may have to route through walls and ceilings, and the entire job may take a number of days to complete. Some homeowners may feel like their lives are being turned upside down.
Replacing Ruptured or Collapsed Sewage Lines
Poly Vinyl Chloride, or PVC, is plumbing piping of choice for many pluming projects. Older cast iron piping and clay sewage lines were prone to collapsing and root invasions. These materials mentioned would eventually collapse and lead to complete sewage backup in many cases. Drain snaking may alleviate some problems for a time, but roots are resilient and can grow back.
Sometimes, the only solution is a plumbing service that can replace those damaged sewage lines. Your certified technician will inspect and advise on the most effective solution. They may have to dig up portions of the yard, or cut through flooring or concrete.
Broken Water Pipe Signs
There are signs to look for tto see if you have broken pipes. These can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Water in the street coming from the direction of your home is one of the most commons signs. Water in your yard, or sink holes, can be a sure sign of a broken water line. These conditions are dangerous for adults, children, and pets.
- Of course, any water that accumulates inside the home is a sign of pipe leakage. Puddles can accumulate under floors and sinks. Let a certified plumber come out and inspect your entire plumbing system.
- Damp drywall and wet spots around tubs, toilets, and sinks mean there is a plumbing leak somewhere.
- Have you lost water pressure in your home, or are there unexplained water bills? High bills with no unusual activity are signs of leaky pipes.
- Listen for bubbling and gurgling noises near toilets, in walls, and under the floors.
- Finally, an unpleasant odor may indicate sewage and dirty water that is not channeled to its intended sewer line.
Give us a call today at D. Rohde Plumbing, Heating & AC to schedule an inspection. Living in Poughkeepsie, Beacon, Hopewell Junction, Wappinger Falls, Fishkill, Hyde Park or a nearby area? You are in our service area.