Furnace Repair, Install & Replace Poughkeepsie
Summer comes, and summer goes. As autumn draws close, many people choose to start looking ahead to make sure they prepare their home for the winter months. Checking your furnace is a smart way to prepare. It is the perfect time to check for wear and tear, and to decide if your furnace needs maintenance or a complete replacement.
Like most people, maintaining your furnace may not be your chosen area of expertise. The good news is there are experts who make a living at furnace repair, furnace installation, and furnace replacement.
Whatever your level of knowledge or expertise concerning furnace repair, there are always signs your furnace may be in need of maintenance attention.
- If your furnace emits carbon monoxide, then it needs replacing and not repairing. Carbon monoxide can be deadly to your family’s health. Take notice of whether the burner flame is yellow or blue. Excess window or wall moisture can also be a warning sign along with rusting pipes. Check for furnace soot, or personal physical discomfort like nausea or headaches.
- If your furnace is over 15 years old, then it may be time for a new furnace installation. A furnace can last up to 30 years, but this of course depends on the brand, usage, and certain environmental factors. It may be wiser to simply install a new furnace rather that keep making repairs on an outdated model. Some furnaces are just too old to function properly.
- You can also do a few financial calculations to figure out if the cost of furnace repair is more than half the cost of furniture replacement. For older units, it is safe to calculate a replacement if repair costs are one-third the cost of a new unit.
- When your furnace is not functioning properly, you may eventually notice an increase in your heating bills. Heating costs will naturally vary throughout the year because of weather patterns. Just keep an eye on suspicious heating bill spikes.
- Another sign of furnace malfunction is if certain rooms seem warmer or cooler than before. Does the air feel muggy or humid all of a sudden?
- If your furnace fees less powerful than the previous year when your household routines remain the same, then it could be time to consider a new unit.
Weighed Down By Frequent Repairs?
Frequent repairs means you are spending more and more out-of-pocket money. That cannot be a good scenario for anyone. Not only are the repairs more frequent, but the cost of each repair seems to be more and more. This is when it becomes more cost effective to replace the unit than to keep throwing money down the drain.
Every furnace will make some type of noise when turned off or on. However, a strange noise is not to be taken lightly. If the noise seems to be getting louder and louder, call the experts at D. Rohde Plumbing, Heating & AC out to conduct an inspection. Listen for noises that include popping, screeching, or humming sounds.
Furnace ductwork gets old, motors become unbalanced and fail, and parts deteriorate. We can take a look at which problems appear to more crucial than others, and offer suggestions for furnace replacement if it is needed. Call us at any time. We can be the source for all your heating and AC needs. We serve both residential and commercial customers. Our office is in Poughkeepsie, and we serve the surrounding communities of Beacon, Hopewell Junction, Wappinger Falls, Fishkill, and Hyde Park.