Most of the time, when a boiler breaks and isn’t repairable, it is in the winter. If you live in Poughkeepsie, NY, and you know that your boiler is old and could need repairs, consider having it inspected before the freezing temperatures settle in for a few months.
- If your condensing boiler has maintenance annually, and you haven’t missed a year, it should last around 15 years. Older cast iron boilers are known to last up to 50 years! Newer cast iron boilers are suitable for about 20 to 30 years. To determine that age and typical lifespan of your specific boiler, have it inspected. A qualified technician from D. Rohde Heating, Plumbing & Air Conditioning can let you know how much longer you can depend on your boiler or if you should replace it now.
- If you have energy bills that always increase, then it may be your boiler. Switching to a new energy-efficient model can save you up to 30% on energy bills!
- If you need to have repair services regularly, consider a more energy-efficient model that doesn’t need constant repairs.
- If you have a boiler that leaks, you should think about replacing it as soon as you can. A leak can cause a future flood and costly damages.
- If your boiler isn’t working at all and can’t be repaired, then it is time to get a new boiler so that you have hot water and heating again.
- If you can’t get the pilot light to stay on for your gas boiler, then there may be a bigger problem than you think. Consider getting the situation investigated to make sure everything is okay with your gas boiler.
- If you hear unusual noises coming from your boiler, then it could be that your boiler is about to stop working or needs repair services.
- You could have buildup in your boiler or radiators, causing problems that can eventually break your heating system for good. Consider repairs right away to see if you can have the system flushed to save it.